Kona Vacation Rentals COVID-19 Update
Update from Kona Vacation Rentals
*Updated June 24, 2021
We are delighted to be able welcome you back to Hawaii! Island. We’ve missed seeing all of your friendly faces and we look forward to meeting new friends!
As always, please visit the Hawaii Department of Health’s website dedicated to Covid-19 information Safe Travels Hawaii
- Earlier today, Governor David Ige announced that beginning July 8, 2021, the state of Hawaii will allow all travelers vaccinated in the U.S. (this exemption applies to those vaccinated in all U.S. states and territories) to skip quarantine without getting a pre-travel COVID test, a major step toward reopening Hawaii to all visitors.
- All vaccinated trans-Pacific travelers will need to upload proof of their vaccination to the state of Hawaii’s Safe Travels Hawaii website in addition to bringing a physical copy of their vaccination cards with them when they travel to the Hawaiian Islands.
- Please remember that the above news does not currently change the need to have approved tests, from a trusted partner, before departing on a trans-Pacific flight for Hawaii at this time. As noted above this will change on July 8, 2021 for the travelers who are fully vaccinated in the United States. For those travelers who choose not to get vaccinated, we expect the pre-travel testing rules to remain in place until Hawaii reaches a 70% statewide vaccination rate. At that time, we expect all Hawaii Travel Restrictions to be dropped. Currently, the Hawaii vaccination rate, using local state data, and not national data as you may have heard on the news, is 57% as of the sending of this email.
- In addition to expanding the “vaccine passport” program beginning July 8, 2021, the state of Hawaii is also easing restrictions on gatherings and restaurants. Under the news rules, Hawaii restaurants will be able to move to 75% capacity. However, they will still need to meet six-foot social distancing guidelines. Social gatherings of 25 people will be allowed indoors and up to 75 people outdoors.
- If you are a guest with questions about your reservation, please call 808-334-1199.
Here are some of the precautionary measures we are taking to keep everyone safe:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on “high touch” items like light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc. KVR is following the guidelines established by Vacation Rental Management Association and Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals
- No Contact Check-In. Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-334-1199 or MakeReservations@KonaRentals.com.
How do I avoid a 14-day quarantine while in Hawaii?
A negative COVID-19 test result must be provided upon arrival. Hawaii requires travelers take an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from a CLIA licensed or certified lab within 72 hours of departure. If you have a multi-city itinerary, it’s the departure time at the last city before arriving at a Hawaii airport. Travelers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form on the Safe Travels Form. *2nd test required for travelers on arrival to the Big Island
Does it matter who administers the test?
Yes, it matters. Hawaii will only accept pre-tests from these TRUSTED PARTNERS
If I don’t have a negative COVID-19 test prior to arrival, am I allowed to quarantine at your rental?
No. At this time, Vacation Rentals are not permitted as designated quarantine locations.
Are minors required to be tested?
Yes. To avoid quarantine all travelers age 5 and older need to get a pre-travel test.
Can I get a COVID-19 test upon arrival?
No, the test has to be taken within 72 hours of your departure to Hawaii; however, as of 10/9/20, Hawaii County has said a second non-evasive Covid test will be given to travelers upon arrival to the Big Island.
Can I get a refund if I’m diagnosed with COVID-19 prior to travel?
Please refer to our Travel Terms & Conditions. Travel Insurance is offered at an additional cost and is highly recommended.
Will complex amenities (pool, spa, etc.,) be available to use?
Available amenities vary at each Complex, many have restricted use. Please inquire with KVR.
Are restaurants or other businesses open?
Hawaii Island/State of Hawaii are following governmental guidelines for the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Currently, many businesses are in the process of re-opening. Some restaurants are now open for sit down dining while others are offering takeout. We recommend to call ahead or look at the business/vendor website.