Kona Vacation Rentals COVID-19 Update
*Updated May 15, 2020
The health and welfare of our residents and visitors are of primary concern of KVR. We want to assure you that we are staying fully informed of the impacts of the pandemic on our area and the status of travel. As the situation evolves, we will continue to post updates and information.
Stay healthy, stay safe…we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Hawaii’s Governor has proclaimed that Vacation Rentals are non-essential operations and that no existing or new reservations will be allowed to arrive during the Month of June, 2020.
- We are moving all reservations arriving today through May 31, 2020. If you are a guest with questions about your reservation, please call 808-334-1199.
- Additional information re: Hawaii’s mandatory 14 Day Quarantine: https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/
- For the most up-to-date information and current protocols on COVID-19, visit cdc.gov.
In addition to our usual procedures, KVR is taking the following additional precautions:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on areas such as light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc.
- ALL properties will now have a supply of hand sanitizer for guests to use in the property and take along with them. We are also providing single use soap, shampoo and conditioners in sealed containers.
- Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation.
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-334-1199 or MakeReservations@KonaRentals.com. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Are you providing refunds on bookings?
If your reservation arrives after April 25th or up to June 30, 2020, we will allow you to move the reservation within one calendar year of arrival, in the same property with no change fees. This is subject to seasonal rate changes. If you decide to come in holiday season versus value season for example, guests will be responsible for only the rate difference and taxes on those differences.
I do not wish to have a travel credit – what will I get back if I cancel?
The amount that is refunded to you will depend upon the cancellation policy of the website you booked with and your dates of travel, but at a minimum you will receive a refund of the cleaning fee, booking fee and Damage Protection.
What happens if I choose to cancel my booking?
Per KVR Terms and Conditions, if you wish to cancel your booking, the cancellation policy of the website you booked with will apply. If you wish to cancel and have booked through AirBnb or HomeAway, please submit a cancellation request directly through those websites.
Isn’t there a travel ban?
Current Safer at Home order expires May 31, 2020. Many of your questions can be answered by the Hawaii Department of Transportation – Airports Division. You can reach them by email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 836-6413
What if I have a booking after 31st May?
Please contact us towards the end of May and we will discuss options regarding your booking.
Do I have to stay at the same house?
Yes. Since payment of rents go to owners we cannot switch your stay to another property.
What if the dates I choose are different to my current dates?
Think of the travel credit like a store gift card – you can use it how you wish. If you book more expensive dates you can pay the additional balance, if you book cheaper dates you can use the remaining balance to book another set of dates.
Once I’ve selected my rescheduled dates can I change the dates?
You can only change the dates for a second time if there are Coronavirus restrictions still in place. This will be at KVR discretion.
Can I pick dates beyond 12 Months?
No. We feel 12 months is a sufficient period to select new dates from.
I’ve already cancelled my booking – can I still get the travel credit?
If you were not already refunded, we can arrange a travel credit equal to the amount you have paid.