Kona Vacation Rentals COVID-19 Update
*Updated September 30, 2020
We are so thrilled to finally invite guests back to Hawaii Island (The Big Island)! We’ve missed you all and look forward to visits with old friends and new. The pre-testing program, announced by Governor Ige, will begin on 15 October 2020. Important information and links are provided below:
- New MANDATORY travel forms are required for all visitors to the islands. Click here for forms & info
- Here is the link to the Safe Travels Program
- If you are a traveler and have questions, please contact us at (808) 334-1199
- Additional information can be found at: Hawaii Tourism Authority
- For the most up-to-date information and current protocols on COVID-19, visit cdc.gov
- Additional information re: Hawaii’s mandatory 14 Day Quarantine: https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus
Travelers will be exempt from the state’s 14-day quarantine if they return a negative result after submitting to a test 72 hours prior to arrival in Hawai‘i.
Stay healthy, stay safe…we look forward to seeing you soon!
In addition to our usual procedures, KVR is taking the following additional precautions:
- We have always used cleaning products with disinfectant. In addition to normal cleaning procedures, our housekeeping staff will increase focus on areas such as light switches, doorknobs, remotes, etc.
- ALL properties will now have a supply of hand sanitizer for guests to use in the property and take along with them. We are also providing single use soap, shampoo and conditioners in sealed containers.
- Check-in for all properties is available via Electronic lock or Lock box directly at the accommodation.
- If you have any questions, please contact our office at 808-334-1199 or MakeReservations@KonaRentals.com. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
KONA VACATION RENTALS COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY:
Please Note: This policy is temporary and subject to State and Federal guidelines
New reservations with arrival dates 1 October-15 December, 2020, a cancellation fee of $150.00 will apply if cancelled within 14 days of arrival.
Reservations with arrival dates 16 December, 2020 – 31 May, 2021, a cancellation fee of $150.00 will apply if cancelled within 30 days of arrival.
Reservations with arrival dates after 31 May, 2021 Kona Vacation Rentals normal cancellation policy will be in effect. Cancellations within 60 days of arrival will be assessed a $150.00 cancellation fee and payments made to third parties, i.e.: damage waiver policies, housekeeping, etc. will not be refunded.
Can I avoid the 14 day quarantine?
A negative COVID-19 test result must be provided upon arrival. Hawaii requires travelers take an FDA-authorized nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from a CLIA licensed or certified lab within 72 hours of departure from originating airport. If you have a multi-city itinerary, it’s the departure time at the last city before arriving at a Hawaii airport. Travelers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form on the Safe Travels
Can I get a COVID-19 test when I arrive on Island?
No. If you are showing symptoms you may be offered a test but this is NOT in place of the pre-testing program.
Where can I find more information about travel to the State after September 1st?
The official proclamation has not been released but once released, it can be found here. Officials said that further details on testing requirements will be announced in the coming weeks. The Hawaii Department of Health is another great resource.
What State of Hawaii travel forms do I need to complete?
The State of Hawaii has always required a Travel Declaration form for each adult entering the State but now the forms can be found online. Please visit https://hidot.hawaii.gov/airports/covid-19/ for more information.
Are you providing refunds on bookings?
Please refer to our Cancellation Policy or contact our office at (808) 334-1199 or MakeReservations@KonaRentals.com
Will travel insurance cover my trip if I have to cancel because I have Covid-19?
The carrier that provides travel insurance for Kona Vacation Rentals is Rental Guardian Travel Insurance. Click Rental Guardian for additional information.
Will complex amenities (pool, spa, etc.,) be available to use?
Amenity availability varies by complex and may have restrictions. Please contact KVR for additional information..
Are restaurants or other businesses open?
Hawaii Island/State of Hawaii are following governmental guidelines for the Covid-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. Currently, many businesses are in the process of re-opening. Some restaurants are now open for sit down dining while others are offering takeout. We recommend to call ahead or look at the business/vendor website.
Are minors required to test?
If I arrive without a negative COVID test am I allowed to quarantine in my vacation rental?
No. Vacation Rentals may not be designated as quarantine facilities.